Pumpkin spice lattes are the new labour day, signalling the end of summer and the beginning of fall. Our dairy free pumpkin spice latte is no exception. And while autumn is a time to refresh, replenish and reenergize, are you confident that your local barista's PSL is the the best way start the new season? (Hint: no).
With grams and grams of sugar and ingredients that can preserve a mummy, not to mention the filmy, fake pumpkin flavour, now's the time to double check your labels and slowly back away from that over priced, over flavoured, over sweetened latte.
Lucky for you, we've been testing this holiday favourite and are thrilled to share our real ingredient, real tasty pumpkin spice latte made with coconut milk and sweetened with maple syrup - whoever said skimping on calories meant skimping on flavour?
Bon appetit xo
PSL | Pumpkin Spice Latte
- ½ cup canned pumpkin 100% pumpkin
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups fresh brewed coffee
- 1 cup coconut milk + ½ cup for topping
- No. 1 | In a saucepan, heat together coconut milk, pumpkin, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt.
- No. 2 | Allow to simmer, covered, for 30 minutes. Add coffee and simmer for additional 5 minutes.
- No. 3 | Meanwhile, using a hand immersion blender, froth the ½ can of cold coconut milk.
- No. 4 | Pour latte mixture in a mug and top with frothed coconut milk.
Can this be refrigerated and used again?
Absolutely, you can refrigerate to use again. We used our extra to make a pumpkin spice creme brûlée which turned out amazing. Check out the recipe here and just substitute the coconut milk for the pumpkin spice latte.
Chef Sous Chef says
LOL... we love pumpkin!