Inspired by the ELXR Super Charge Mylk, this no-bake cream cake is a delicate and luscious compliment to any spring or summer dish. With hints of coconut and maple, an earthy nut crust and a sprinkle of Himalayan pink salt, this plant-based dessert is a no fuss way to indulge. You can thank us later.
Bon appetit xo
Chef | Sous Chef
Maple Coconut Cream Cake topped with Himalayan Pink Salt
- ⅔ cup brazil nuts
- ⅓ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 - 400 ml cans of coconut milk
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoon cold water
- ¼ teaspoon coarse himalayan pink salt
- No. 1 | In a large frying pan, toast the shredded coconut until golden brown and remove. In the same frying pan, toast the brazil nuts until brown and remove. Be careful not to burn these ingredients. Once browned, add the shredded coconut and brazil nuts to a blender or food processor and pulse for 10 seconds until it resembles cookie crumbs. Place the crust mixture in the bottom of a spring form pan and press down to form a ¼ inch thick crust. Place the pan in the refrigerator to cool.
- No. 2 | When your crust is cooling, combine the coconut milk and maple syrup in a saucepan and bring to a soft boil at medium-high heat. In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch and cold water. Add this mixture to the saucepan and stir constantly for 2 minutes, until thick and resembling a pudding.
- No. 3 | Remove the crust from the refrigerator, pour the cake mixture over top and return to the refrigerator until the cake sets. This should take about 2 hours. Once the cake has set, top it with a sprinkle of himalayan pink salt.