Bourbon Cherry Cheesecake in a Jar
What's better than Cherry Cheesecake in a Jar? Boozy Cheery Cheesecake in a Jar made WITHOUT baking! Decadent, dreamy and sweet, these no bake cheesecakes in a jar are the perfect and portable picnic or backyard BBQ dessert, and definitely for adults only.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 lb cherries pitted
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ inch orange peel
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup bourbon
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese 250g
- ½ cup ricotta cheese 150g
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
No. 1 | Pour water into a saucepan and place the heat on high. Add the maple syrup, orange peel, cinnamon stick and nutmeg. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes. Remove the pot from heat and stir in bourbon. Add cherries and mix. Allow the cherries to marinate in the liquid until it cools down, about 20 minutes.
No. 2 | In a small bowl, mix together the graham crumbs and melted butter.
No. 3 | In a separate bowl add the mascarpone, ricotta, sugar, and vanilla. Mix until well combined and smooth.
No. 4 | To assemble, add two heaping tablespoons of graham crumbs to a 2 cup mason jar. Press down with your fingers or a shot glass. Add a spoonful of the cheese mixture and smooth out. Place a layer of cherries on the cheese, then top with a sprinkling of remaining graham crumbs. Top with remaining cherries. Screw on jar lids and place them in the fridge until cold.
- If you don’t have a cherry pitter, then use a wine bottle and set the cherry on top. With a firm grip on the cherry, use a chopstick to push the pit out of the cherry.
- Don’t throw out the bourbon mixture. This is great to add into cocktails.