In like a lion, out like a lamb is the single best way to generally describe the month of March. With it being a seasonal transition month, it's a time to dust off the ends of the bitter cold and fist bump the start of spring. To celebrate this glorious (and my all time favourite) season, we've baked this simple, naturally sweet, dairy-free, and gluten-free Flourless Almond Cake made with olive oil, lemon and ginger, then topped with blueberries and sliced almonds.
Moist, nutty, fluffy and light, this naturally gluten-free cake is a lovely foundation that can be topped with all your spring time favourites including mascarpone, meringue, or fruits like strawberries, plus you won't even miss the flour. Perfect for brunch, milestone showers or Sunday desserts, this flourless almond cake recipe is a must-try to celebrate the season.
How to Make Our Flourless Almond Cake
Preheat your oven to 325°F and grease a spring form pan (affiliate link) lightly with olive oil.
Make the Batter
In a small mixing bowl, whisk the almond flour, ginger, baking soda, baking powder and salt together. In a larger bowl, whisk the olive oil, honey, lemon juice and vanilla. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just combined, then stir in the lemon zest.
Bake and Eat
Pour the batter into your greased spring form pan and place in the oven to bake for 50 minutes. Check the doneness by sticking a knife in the centre. If it comes out clean, it's ready, if not then cook an additional 5 minutes. Top with fresh blueberries, slivered almonds and a sprinkling of icing sugar.
Bon appetit xo
Chef Sous Chef
Helpful Tools and Ingredients for this Recipe
Below are affiliate links to products that will assist you in making gluten-free cake. If you purchase an item through the links, Chef Sous Chef Inc. will receive a small commission. There is no additional cost to you.
Thank you for helping support us through these purchases. If you have made this recipe, please let us know in the comments below!
Flourless Almond Olive Oil Cake
- 1 cup almond meal
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup light olive oil
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon almond slices
- 2 teaspoon icing sugar
- No. 1 | Preheat oven to 325°.
- No. 2 | Mix all the dry ingredients together in a small bowl.
- No. 3 | In a larger bowl, whisk together the olive oil, honey, lemon juice, and vanilla. Add eggs and beat until incorporated.
- No. 4 | Mix in the dry ingredients with the wet. Add lemon zest and give a quick stir to incorporate.
- No. 5 | Pour the batter into a greased spring-form pan. Bake for 50 minutes. Test doneness with a toothpick or knife.
- No. 6 | Allow to cool and top with fresh blueberries, almond slices and a light sprinkle of icing sugar.