The classic French dessert, clafoutis (pronounced as it's spelled) is the perfect mix of custard and cake. Bursting with flavour, this wholesome dessert is made by engulfing your favourite fruit with a sweet batter, baking it and watching the cake rise around the fruit. Top this wobbly and decadent treat with icing sugar or serve with creamy and cool ice cream.
Bon appetit xo
Chef | Sous Chef
Oh Sweet Cherry Clafoutis
The classic French dessert, clafoutis is the perfect mix of custard and cake. Bursting with flavour, this wholesome dessert is made by engulfing your favourite fruit with a sweet batter, baking it and watching the cake rise around the fruit.
- 4 cups sweet cherries
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- No. 1 | Preheat oven to 375°
- No. 2 | Remove pits from cherries and spread them evenly in 10 inch cast iron skillet
- No. 3 | Sprinkle basil evenly on cherries
- No. 4 | In a bowl whisk together eggs, coconut milk, flour, sugar, zest, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt
- No. 5 | Pour over cherries and place in oven for 35 mins
- No. 6 | Test for doneness by piercing the centre of the cake with a knife. If it comes out clean, it’s ready
- No. 7 | Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy
Have you tried this recipe?Tag us on Instagram @chef.souschef or use the hashtag #chefsouschef and let us know how it was!
Such and awesome recipe for Sunday breakfast or brunch. So classic, beautiful, and simple to prepare!