Served deconstructed on a crostini, we turned the jalapeño popper fan favourite into an elegant, decadent and optional knife and fork dish.
It's the most wonderful time of the year... Super Bowl! Fields goals, touchdowns, interceptions and more! Who are we kidding, we're cheering for the food. Cue the replay (rewind)...Chilli, beer, jalapeño poppers and more!
The Super Bowl is the next big eating event post holiday landing smack-dab in the middle of the winter months. But what makes the Super Bowl the best eating event all year? The fact that you get to eat all the food and there's no gift or shopping trip required (except for the grocery store and beer store, duh!)
This year's Super Bowl snack is inspired by the rich, cheesy and perfect two bite jalapeño popper. Served deconstructed on a crostini, we turned this fan favourite into an elegant, decadent and optional knife and fork dish into a perfect for all the personalities at your Super Bowl party, no matter their motive.
Bon appetit xo
Chef Sous Chef
Jalapeño Popper Crostini
- 10 slices bacon
- 5 jalapeños
- 250 g cheddar cheese
- 250 g goat soft goat cheese room temperature
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 baguette
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoon butter
- No. 1 | Preheat oven to 400°.
- No. 2 | Lay bacon slices and whole jalapeño peppers on a wire cooling rack placed on top of a baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, until bacon is crispy. Remove, but keep the oven on.
- No. 3 | While bacon and jalapeños are baking, prep your other components. Cut ½ inch slices of baguette and rub both sides the with garlic clove. Grate or slice cheddar cheese and set aside. In a bowl, mix together softened goat cheese, paprika, and chilli powder.
- No. 4 | Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a skillet on medium heat. Pan fry 6-7 slices of baguette until golden, flip and fry the other side. Repeat until all bread is toasted.
- No. 5 | Assemble the crostini by placing cheese on the bread. Smear about half a tablespoon of goat cheese mixture on a half slice of bacon and place on the cheddar. Top with a few slices of jalapeño.
- No. 7 | Arrange the crostini on a baking sheet and place in the oven until cheddar cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.